Being part of successful corporate real estate strategy in Europe and the USA, tenant representation has become more main stream for Industrial property tenants in South Africa and in Cape Town in recent years.
The reasons for choosing GDP Industrial property to represent you as a tenant are as follows:
1. Representing yourself does not save you money – There is commission payable in every leasing transaction. If you approach a landlord directly, the landlord saves the commission, and you do not benefit from the skills of a broker representing your interests. If you lease premises through a broker representing the landlord, commission is still paid to the broker, and your interests are not represented. The ideal situation is where the landlord is represented by a broker who looks after their interests 100%, and the tenant is represented by a broker who looks after their interests 100%. The commission, fees or brokerage is shared between the landlord and tenant representative broker, and there is no conflict of interest.
2. I maximise your cost savings – as an industrial property specialist, I have the expertise and market knowledge to negotiate maximum cost savings for my tenant-representation clients. My tenant-representation services can reduce occupancy costs by approximately 30%. Industrial property leasing can be a complicated and risky process if you do not have the in-house skills needed. You would otherwise need an attorney for legal matters and a CPA for financial matters, so why not hire a tenant-representation professional to handle your property leasing needs?
3. I represent you 100% – when I exclusively represent you as a tenant, I am 100% committed and accountable to you only. In the same way that I act as a landlord’s broker, my obligation is to represent you when representing you as a tenant. In South Africa and in Cape Town, with industrial property brokers operating on a landlord’s open mandate, representing both tenant and landlord, there is potential for a conflict of interest when you use one or several brokers to negotiate for you on open listings. When you engage me to represent you exclusively as a tenant, you will receive a far higher level of service than you would from a broker working open listings. An industrial tenant representation broker who is committed and accountable to you only as their client will work hard to find you the right property. I will require a written tenant representation agreement, which clearly outlines our responsibilities and obligations to you as a tenant. This is the best way to prevent any conflict of interest.
4. You save valuable company resources when you outsource to me – hiring GDP Industrial Property as your tenant representative broker, to manage the real estate process for you, will save you time. Searching for space and negotiating industrial property transactions can be time consuming. Industrial property leasing and sales processes can be a drain on company time, money and resources. I advise you on the best strategy so you stay on track and can make the right decisions. I save you huge amounts of time by preparing property reports, scheduling and conducting property-viewing tours, submitting proposals, and negotiating and reviewing leases. You should outsource everything but the decision-making process to me as your tenant representation broker, and you will benefit from the peace of mind of knowing that I will professionally manage your industrial property sourcing process. I will save you a substantial amount of time and money while you focus on doing what you know best – running your business. I can save you a lot of money in occupancy costs by negotiating maximum concessions on every industrial property transaction.
5. I improve operating efficiency and flexibility – maximizing the operational efficiency of your industrial property can be a challenge, especially as your business and space needs are constantly evolving. Opportunities for industrialists to grow their manufacturing, warehousing or distribution facilities and change them are often hindered by the restrictions placed on them by their industrial property leases and ownership. When you need to expand, consolidate or relocate warehouse or factory facilities, renew or restructure existing leases, or purchase an industrial property for your business, contact GDP Industrial Property. My sole focus is to provide you with the comprehensive data and impartial advice you need to make the right corporate industrial property decisions and, as well as the most economical, operationally effective and risk-free industrial property solutions for your business. Across every industrial property type, including warehouse, logistics, distribution, factory and industrial space, I have a proven track record of minimizing occupancy costs, maximizing flexibility, and minimizing exposure to industrial property risk.
6. I protect you from real estate risk – my tenant representation services are specifically designed to mitigate real estate risk. The real estate leasing and buying process is complicated and risky. Just as you would hire a CA to manage your taxes and an attorney to represent you on legal matters, the real estate process should be managed only by an experienced professional who understands all the pitfalls and intricacies of industrial real estate transactions. I take risk out of the equation by professionally and expertly managing the process down to the smallest detail, and advising you on the most risk-free strategy for achieving your real estate objectives and protecting your business from unexpected real estate risk.